If we want to talk about luxurious places, we must speak about the Burj Al Arab. The hotel is the only one with seven starts of the earth. From its unique appearance to its expensive services, this place has been cataloged as the best hotel in the world by far. To mention one of its particular characteristics, this place was built on its artificial island, 280 meters from the coast and it has a height of 321 meters.
As you might imagine, a night here costs a lot of money, just a selected group of people have the opportunity to be a guest in this Hotel. This place is well-known for its expensive facilities, amenities, and of course, its world-class food. If you’re one of those that can go to enjoy a unique and luxurious experience, here you have some facts about the place you may consider interesting.
- Burj Al Arab was designed to imitate the sail of a ship
- The architect of the hotel is Tom Wright and he was working on this project since 1994. He worked hard to make an edification that was the icon of Dubai.
- The construction began in 1994 and ends in 1999 where the hotel opened its doors the first of December. They needed 250 designers and 3000 companies to carry out this project successfully.
- The total cost of the construction was only $650 million. What do you think?
- The smallest suites have 170meters and the largest covers 780 meters.
- The restaurants of the hotel use at least 10 tons of chocolate per year and they’re exclusively made from raw cocoa beans.
- The building possesses the highest tennis court in the world.
- All over the construction, you might find gold that they used to embellish the structure because there are 1790 meters with 24-carat gold leaf to enhance the interior.
- Apart from the gold, they also used 29000 Swarovski crystals to decorate the ceiling of the Junsui lounge.
- The Al Muntaha restaurant is ubicated 200 meters high, on the top of the building. If you’re having a luxurious dinner here, you’ll be blown away by the view of Dubai.
- Another of its restaurants, the Al Mahara, has a seawater aquarium that holds 990000 liters of water.
- 70,000 cubic meters of concrete and approximately 9,000 tons of steel were used during the construction process.
- Some of the famous people that have been enjoyed this luxurious place are Selena Gomez, Kendall Jenner, Lewis Hamilton, Claudia Schiffer, and more.
- How many lights has this building? Around 28000 light fixtures around the hotel.
- And for the pools, they used millions of mosaics to decorate.
- The spa of the hotel was awarded the most luxury Spa in the world.
- Are you looking for the reception? Don’t worry, you can find one on each floor, for a total of 60 reception desks.
- All the female team that works on the greeting desks uses gold accessories in the shape of Burj Al Arab.